Need a VI Curvetracer, simple and cheap

Hi

I need a curvetracer for lab use. Simple stuff like V/I characteristics for small signal (

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

You could make your own; a transformer with peak output voltage near what you would use, maybe a swithchable diode for single polarity, and a few resistors - one for current monitoring and the other for voltage monitoring. Use your scope for the display. Add a variac if need adjustable voltage, other secondaries for different voltage scales. Cheap and dirty.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Search for "curve tracer" on Ebay. Lots of options, some are dirt cheap compared to the current crop of commercial models. I have a couple of the Heathkit IT-1121 tracers in my shop right now that I bought on Ebay. Both worked perfectly the first time I used them, and continue to work well. The IT-1121 will sweep the DUT up to 200V, and will test both BJT and FET units. Got them both for under $30 each.

Cheers!!!

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer to the end, the faster it goes.
Reply to
DaveM

Klaus Kragelund a écrit :

Have a look at ebay. Tek 576-577 Usually sales for less than USD500.

--
Thanks,
Fred.