Manual or Info -Systron Donner 710B display and 801B

Greetings looking for manual for Systron Donner 710B display and 801B spect analyser. A scan of the HV pwr sup would do for now though. I have dim crt with 5KV going to it. CRT is a Hitachi 140MB7 any info on that also might be nice. Since I am on the Systron Donner query, how about any info on the 5000 sweeper (also Krouse Storke)

Thanks Dave R

Reply to
Daveolla

Systron Donner manuals may be hard to find especially free ones. Im looking for a SD 6152A freq counter schematic. Ill keep an eye out for what you need.

Jimmie

Reply to
Jimmie D

And while where on topic. Hows about a manual for a SD 4020 Digital Power Meter ,also known as a PMA ?

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

Hi,

Having just looked through the manual, the final anode voltage at the tube should be 5.5KV. Does the HV adjustment pre-set make any diffrence to the voltage when adjusted.

Daniel.

Reply to
testequipmentman

Greetings, good to finaly hear from someone with some info!!

Checking my notes I have 5.3KV, so I am not to far off. I did adjust the HV adjustment but did not note if HV went up, the HV whine did go up in frequency from a 2KHz 5Khz whine...................surely its not supposed to be in the audible range. Screen also is a tad brighter.

Another clue is a very dark neon, which I replaced with a similar sized one and brightness and whine goes up slightly. Not sure of the purpose of the neon or if you know what type I would need to order but I measure about 400 VDC from ground to one side of the neon with the .

047 500Vcap to ground, but the other side of the neon measures 222 VDC with only a .05 100V cap to ground...............hmmmmm.

My first clue that seems to lead nowhere at the moment is the large resistor in the power supply that connects to Q3 collector. Mine is almost burnt, and its value can't be read but measures 9 ohms. This resistor does not seem to get hot at all. Feeding into the resistor is

20V. From the emitter of Q3 is 6VDC and this only runs to CRT horizontal, which seems fine.

The 12 volt regulator is putting out 12 volts.

The only other clue I have is the voltages indicated on the back of the HV board +75 +250..........I have none of these, I have 176V ,

15V, 83V

All transistors have checked out ok, and all caps either replaced or checked for value and leakage. Any help is greatly appreciated! Got a scan handy? Thanks, Dave

Reply to
Daveolla

I will scan the PSU and EHT schematics over the next few days... If you could confirm your e-mail address, I will get the sent as soon as I can.

Good luck.

Daniel.

Reply to
testequipmentman