Info Needed: Logical Devices PromPro 8X

Hi, all-

I have an older Logical Devices PromPro 8X EPROM burner that I need to keep using to maintain some older equipment. (The dedicated software will not "talk to" other/newer programmers.) The problem is, I have lost the small, black plastic plug-in which fits into a socket labeled "CNF". I believe that this plug-in is nothing more than 1 or more wire jumper(s) but I have no idea of the pinout. It's built on a DIP header sort of thing. The smaller "Shooter" by the same manufacturer uses a similar plug-in. Does anyone have either of these programmers, and can give me a pinout of that plug-in? The manufacturer has been no help at all, they just want to sell me a new programmer which would not solve the problem. Any info would be greatly appreciated. TIA...

Regards, Jim

Reply to
Jim Toon

Try and get past the sales and "help desk" barricade to talk to a real engineer. If he can't mail you a replacement dongle or tell you how to wire one, well, maybe you should post your experiences here. The usenet archives are a handy place to check out a manufacturer's reputation. It would be good to know if Logical Devices

felt that it was too much trouble to maintain life cycle support for their older products.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to