hook cd player/stereo up to old reviever?

(I'm really new with electronics so don't make too much fun of me if this is a stupid question) I have an Aiwa stereo (CX-NA555) and an old Marantz reciever (2015) (some info here:

and I was wondering if their was anyway to hook the stereo up to the reviecer so I could play the cd player through the reciever. I know that the reciever dosen't have a cd input obviously, but it has a tape deck input and I was wondering if you could use that for a cd input anyway? The stereo has a cd output on the back that says Digital Cd Output and then (optical). The tape deck input has a L and R channel, and the output just has one. I know you probably can't do this, I was just wondering because I'd like to play it through the old speakers, but also use the old reciever.

thanks :)

Reply to
John

This is the wrong newsgroup. Try news:sci.electronics.repair

--
We now return you to our normally scheduled programming.

Take a look at this little cutie! ;-)
http://home.earthlink.net/~mike.terrell/photos.html

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Michael's right that this is the wrong newsgroup, although he's wrong about what the right one is.

But the info you need is this:

Yes, you can plug a CD player's analog output into a tape input. Unfortunately, it sounds like your Aiwa doesn't have an analog output, only digital. You cannot plug a digital output into an analog input.

If your Aiwa has any sort of "REC OUT" or "AUX OUT" that is analog (the clue is separate R and L connectors), then that would work. Otherwise you're out of luck.

Reply to
Walter Harley

Reply to
John