help withe Arium ML4100 Logic Analyzer ?

I have a Arium ml4100 with LP320 POD and of course no manuals .

Arium was purchased in the 90's ?? and the new company American Arium responded to my requests with "we no longer support those devices".

I did some online research and I found a product brochure and some one who built there own Logic POD from scratch ... but not how ?????

Question:

-------------- Does any one know where i can find a manual ? i tried bama. Anywhere to find ROM backups for this device ?

I would really like to enable disassemby of 8031 codes but the machine currently only setup for Z80 :) I will need a 8031 ROM image for this ?

If any one happens to know where i could get schematics of the other PODS ? or any schematics, any direction / links or info on this device, its accessories and how tos ? i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for any helpful info, robb

Reply to
robb

Your timing is just a little bit off... I had a complete ML4100C analyzer with disassembly pods for the 8048 family, 8051 family, z80, 6502, and the generic 32-bit pod. The machine had all the disassembly proms built in. I also had the complete technical manual with complete schematic diagrams for all the boards, etc.

I donated it to our local Univeristy Place in Idaho Falls, Idaho when I got a new USB logic analyzer module.

I would suggest calling the University Place to see if they could get you that information. The phone number at the University Place is (208)

282-7880. This is for general information. You may have to ask for the Idaho Falls electronics department. I don't have a number for them.

Please don't ask me to get this for you as I am way too busy.

Good luck.

Dave

Reply to
starfire

Hi Robb,

I have a couple of Arium ML4100 series Logic Analyzers, parts, plus PDFs of the manuals. Contact me off-line (the email address IS valid!).

John :-#)#

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Robertson

well dang, Thanks for the info though.

Now i get to test my theory regarding EDUs that usually aren't much interested in cataloging equipment or technical documents nor posting them for others to benefit.

Does your USB LA do everything the 4100 did ? was it expensive ?

robb

.

American

those

and

not

the

the

on

ML4100C analyzer

6502, and the

built in. I

diagrams for

Idaho when I got

could get you

(208)

ask for the

them.

Reply to
robb

take a look at this one : seems the best price/performance ratio actually...

regards,

--
Jean-Yves.
Reply to

Actually, that's exactly the model I am using! It is very well done and a very good value for the cost. I have one at home and just ordered another one for work. Some of the real nice features are automatic display of RS232, I2C, and SPI in the format your program uses. It sure beats having to count bits and derive values!

This logic analyzer does NOT do disassembly, though. I am not aware of another inexpensive disassembly type of logic analyzer out there. The Arium was very good at that.

Good luck.

Dave

Reply to
starfire

expensive ?

ratio

done and a

ordered another

display of

beats having

aware of

there. The Arium

That does look like an good value product.

The diss-assembly is exactly the feature i was looking for when i picked up the Arium. I just did not realize that you needed a special POD to enable the feature.

I thought all the work was done inside the LA using the generic Logic probe POD and All you needed was the internal support for the desired processor . The Arium i picked up happenend to have the correct ROM for my processor family but not the POD :(

any way thanks for all the info and help.

My search continues.

robb

Reply to
robb