help with HP noise figure meter

When I first turn on the meter I believ I should disconnect all leads and then press the preset button. The displays should then show 30mhz on the left hand side and Fdb on the right hand side. Mine show 30 mz and E26. This is some kind od error message I guess. What could be the prob and does anyone have a manual. Thanks

Reply to
kerlin

Probably this just means that with the leads disconnected it finds no device (infinite loss and an infinite noise figure). Try hooking the input/output connections together to see if it tries to measure it's own noise figure...

Glenn

kerl> When I first turn on the meter I believ I should disconnect all leads

Reply to
Glenn

Error E26 means "internal attenuators not calibrated". You have just to run at power on the cal routine. If cal constants are lost at the next day turn on again errE26, the mem bat in the CPU is dead. Be very careful : there was two models and one is rechargeagle, the other not (it depends the ser nb)

Reply to
113101.2243

Ah, that was it! Hook the leads together as I suggested and have it do a calibration. That will fill the internal cal constants. As snipped-for-privacy@compuserve.com suggested, if it happens again, the next time you do a cold power-up, it means your batteries aren't keeping the data alive when the instrument is off.

The Error is normal for the instrument before calibration (measurment of itself). If it persists it means your battery is tired out.

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn