Guided Wave Inc. Optical Spectrum Analyzer Model. 200 - Info

Hi there, I need to analyse the spectrum of some light sources in the range of the visible and near IR wavelengths (up to 1100-1200nm). Since it's just for my hobby (I'm HAM radio), I don't want to spend too much money for it. I wonder if anybody out of here can help me about the Optical Waveguide Spectrum Analyzer 200 made by Guided Wave Inc.

I found one on the E-bay and I would like to buy it, but I'm not sure it will fit my requirements (I need a resolution of 2-3nm and no more than 40dB of dynamics).

The one I found has the silicon detector module DD 100-3 and UV-V PMT detector module PT 100-2.

More, anybody knows whether it has such a kind of serial interface, or it has an analog output? (I don't know really anything about it).

I tried to access the Guided Wave Inc. web-site, but it seems they never supports that very old device.

Have a great day.

Massimo.

Reply to
Max65

Hi there, I'm back again. This morning I received some infos from Guided Wave Inc. It seems that this device was engineered to be used in conjunction with their customized ISA card, obviously no longer produced since the ISA bus went obsolete.

So I suppose that the 25 pins D-sub connector is not a standard V24 / RS232 connector.

If anyone has additional infos, they will be appreciate.

Have a nice day.

Massimo

Reply to
Max65