Fluke DMM fading questions

There are third-party Display Fade Kits for Fluke multimeters. Gives me an impression, from used/for sale Flukes, that fading is an inevitable outcome. Any opinion of the the fading/durability of the Fluke 87, 111, 110, 112, or 81438 models? Are any Fluke multimeters immune (or less-apt) from display fade?

I'm asking this because Fluke multimeters cost $300-$400 for the new models replacing the 80 series.

What I want is the Fluke's alert beeps when a new min/max is sensed. Are there any other brands of multimeters that have this feature?

Why do Fluke multimeter LCD displays fade? Any Fluke model immune?

Reply to
fancy nospam tunes

This is fancy nospam tunes for forever:

Low batteries? I think that this happen with most LCD displays (happens with the LCD of my radio and of my calculator).

[]s
--
Chaos Master®, posting from Canoas, Brazil - 29.55° S / 51.11° W / GMT-
2h / 15m

"He [Babya] is like the Energizer Bunny of hopeless newsgroup
posting....or should that be Energizer bBunny"
                                - "ceed" on alt.comp.freeware, 24/1/2005

(to some groups: Yes, I use Windows and MS Office. So what?)
Reply to
Chaos Master

Reply to
Frank S.