EE Tools Chipmax II universal device programmer not "Made in the USA"

Here is my e-mail to EE Tools, followed by their reply, 2 days after I bought a new Chipmax2 universal device programmer:

How can you claim in your advertising "Made and Supported in the USA"

when your Chipmax2 has a label on it that says "Made in Korea"? The owners manual is written by someone whose first language is not English. It is obvious from the awkward and nonsensical grammar. I feel conned.

reply:

I'm sorry to feel that way. The chipmax 2 was developed in the US, and was made in the US as well. In our earlier production, it was assembled in Korea due to the cost of labor there was cheaper than here, but now it was made in the US

John Kim / General Manager EE Tools, Inc.

Reply to
Eric Houg

Oh my, they still haven't learned English? I had bought what I think was called a "RomMax" over 15 years ago, and yes their English sucked, in the manual and on the phone. I don't recall where it was made or advertised where it was made.

The one cool feature it had that none of the others did what that you tell it how many leads the IC has, close the ZIF, and it could often tell you exactly what EPROM you had, manufacturer and more. There is/was a tiny code on the EPROMs with this information. At the time I couldn't find any other low end burners with that feature. It came in handy using lots of *recycled* EPROMS.

Tony

Reply to
Tony Miklos