Eaton 94455-1 biconical EMC antenna. Antenna factor ?

Hello,

I am looking for the antenna factors table for a Eaton 94455-1 biconical antenna (20MHz to 200MHz). Does someone have a calibration table for a similar antenna around, or a manual for this antenna model ?

More exactly I have found some K factors for it but they seems wrong, except if I'm wrong with the units somewhere. I have a table with figures ranging from "47" (65MHz) up to "59" (200MHz). Assuming these figures are in dB/m this would give a gain of -44dBi at 160MHz (K = 20 log(F in MHz) - G - 29.8 isn't it ?). The result is not reasonnable... and not at all compatible with the measurements.

Are my K factor figures wrong, or is my calculation wrong somewhere ?

Thanks for your help ! Yours, Robert

Reply to
Robert Lacoste

The links below lead to the AF values (K) for a self-resonant dipole in your range of frequencies. It is possible that they could roughly apply to your biconical, as it should be somewhat close to resonance across that band.

The antenna in these links was/is associated with a field intensity meter used in the VHF FM/TV broadcast bands.

The first link shows the multiplier for the voltage value measured by the meter, in order to determine the value of the incident field.

RF

Reply to
Richard Fry

A quick look on Google turned up at least one company offering to sell the instruction manual for this antenna. Might be worth a try.

Fundamentally the value should be close to, but less than a half-wave wire dipole at the frequency of interest.

Chris

Reply to
christofire

Hello Robert,

AF (K) for Eaton 94455-1 as a receive antenna:

30, 13.7 40, 13.5 50, 12.4 70, 7.7 100, 10.2 140, 16.0 160, 17.5 200, 12.5 Frequency in MHz, K in dB/m.

I don't have the manual, values are from a report, original source unknown. It would be nice when somebody could confirm these values.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Best regards,

Wim PA3DJS

when you remove abc, the address is OK.

Reply to
Wimpie

It's been a long time since I've done field strength measurements, but I recall that each antenna came with a calibration chart for that particular antenna -- that's really what you're paying for when you buy one. I wouldn't expect a great deal of difference from one to another, but don't have the experience to say how much variation you might expect.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Reply to
Roy Lewallen

Has typical cal charts for 3104C biconical. The actual antennas are individually calibrated. The antenna factors are not that far from Wim's example above.

Frank

Reply to
Frank

Many thanks Tim, that's exactly what I was looking for ! Robert

Reply to
Robert Lacoste

Thanks to all for your answers, all figures converge and seems to give an approximate gain of 0dBi around 160MHz, consistent with our measurements. Many thanks again ! Robert

Reply to
Robert Lacoste

Unity?

Reply to