dual hdmi converter

My basement is partitioned into 2 rooms. Each room has a TV. One is
connected to a Direct TV box.  When ai want to use the other TV I have
to remove one HDMI cable and plug in the other cable.  Using the remote
is no problem as it is RF activated.

I see on ebay some Y cables the will send the signal to two places.
Most of them say not for for cable TV boxes and other things like RUKO.
I did try one that I did not see that mentioned just to see if it would
work as it was less than $ 5 including the shipping.  It did not work as
I wanted it to, but did some strange things.  I got a picture but no
sound, then about 10 seconds later on the screen came up something like
that station did not suppport the HDMI to use the composit input to the
TV..

Does anyone make a splitter that will work with a Direct TV box and send
the HDMI signal to 2 TV sets ?  I don't care if I can have only  one on
at the time as both TV sets are never on at the sametime.

Re: dual hdmi converter
On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 12:58:50 -0500, Ralph Mowery

I tried three splitters before I found one that really did work, its a
bit hit and miss.  The one I baught finally is no longer on Ebay so I
cant give you a link. Look for the following:
Splitter and HDCP v1.4 stripper that will do 4k (for future proof) it
will have to have outside power supply. It needs to have an amplifier
also included otherwise they cant cope with anything longer than about 2

down on one of these criteria and didnt work reliably, they also ran

the one that finally did the business and works a treat.. C+

Re: dual hdmi converter

    Is this what you want?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311603335166

1-in-2-out-HDMI-Distribution-Amplifier-Distributor-Splitter-3D-HD-1080p-US-/
--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

Re: dual hdmi converter

That seems to be what I want.  Charlie above sent some info about
getting one to work.

There seem to be lots of ones like the one on ebay.  Have you tried that
one, or just going by the description on ebay ?

Re: dual hdmi converter

    I haven't bought it yet, but I need something similar to be able to
connect my KODI box to a TV or a computer monitor in the same room. I
can't see the monitor when I'm in bed, or the TV when I am using the
computer.

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.