[?] Continuous audio recording (24/7) on Compact Flash cards

Hi,

Does anyone know of a Compact Flash recording system that can record continuously 24/7 ?

Let me describe the sort of device that I'm looking for:-

I'm looking for a digital audio recorder that can record absolutely continuously, possibly for weeks on end, at a very remote location, using a bank of seven (or maybe more) CF cards. Timing electronics would automatically switch the recording from one card to the next in the sequence every 24 hours. If such timing electronics is not already available, I would design this part of the system. Every week or so, the remote location would be visited and all of the recorded CF cards would be collected and replaced with new ones.

Although it would be very nice to find a complete product that operates exactly as I have described, I'm not really expecting to find one but rather to see if anyone has any suggestions about what is available that I could adapt or configure to do this job.

Radio/wire transmission of the audio from the remote location to a local recorder is not an option, unfortunately.

Any thoughts anyone ?

TIA - Dave

David C.Chapman - Chartered Engineer. FIEE. ( snipped-for-privacy@minda.co.uk)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- CHAPMAN ASSOCIATES is a Consultancy offering practical expertise and design skills in the fields of counter-surveillance, electronic protection and security. Visit our Web site at

David Chapman

try to see:

is not exactly what you ask but...

bye delo

"David Chapman" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@chassis.demon.co.uk...

Reply to
delo

If this is for speech only, you can use a flash card recorder at 8kb/s. It will give you 2 weeks per GB. A 2GB flash card would thus record for about a month. Is that enough? Is battery operation necessary?

Norm Strong

Reply to
<normanstrong