computer power supply basic ?

What fault protection is provided?

Would there be an overcurrent protection with timed reset?

The computer is an older Compaq (700 Mhz) in the US.

Reply to
Noname

For anyone else reading my previous posting I will provide the answer.

The computer power supply has differential power relaying (for a lack of a better term on my part). In the case of a failing hard disk drive there is a power measurement circuit which basically indicates an unexpected power flow and shuts down the power supply.

Reply to
Noname