Zilog Z8S180 problems

I seem to be unable to access the new registers on the Zilog
Z8S180 CPU, things like the Clock Multiplier register, the
additional DMA register etc. When I try to write to these
registers my writes seem to be ignored and when I read
them back I read FF from most 00 from one. Anyone else
having problems with this chip or know the secret code
to make it work? :) For all the world it's behaving as if it
were a Z180 rather than a S180. I have tried two different
chips, one date coded 0106 and the other 0348 - same
problem with both.

Mike Harding

Re: Zilog Z8S180 problems
On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 14:09:34 +0200, Tilmann Reh

Thanks Tilmann, those are the instruction I'm using.
Are you using this CPU - especially the clock doubling
function, with success?

Mike Harding

Re: Zilog Z8S180 problems

Did you accidentally write to ICR (3Fh) relocating the internal registers?
I've successfully used the BRG and clock doubler in the "S" parts for many
years.

Bill
Softools

Re: Zilog Z8S180 problems

Don't think so Bill. I can still write and read from the other
registers OK, 1F etc and the two locations either side of
the new DMA register (2C and 2E? - don't have the data
book here) plus all the usual peripheral registers.

Mike Harding

Site Timeline