Zilog Z8 Encore Serial Code Help

Hi:

I am looking for serial (UART 0) code examples\samples for the Z8 Encore devlopment board from Zilog. The source code sample provided in their development package really didn't have anything in it relating to Z8F642.

Does anyone have a link\source to serial (UART0 ...the one provided on the development board) for getting and receiving data vial the serial port.

Any and all help appreciated.

Thanks

Ali

Reply to
alijsyed

Ali,

The latest version of the ZDS IDE (4.9.6, I think) has a "ZSL-- Zilog Standard Library" that has routines to talk to the serial port. You may want to take a look there. It seemed kind of bloated to me, but it should be a step in the right direction. There are three ways to get data into and out of the serial port on the Encore chips: polling, interrupt-driven, and DMA-driven. I've never used the DMA for this, the interrupt mode works fine.

-Travis

Reply to
Travis Hayes