Zilog Encore project

Hi All -

I have a software project involving a Z8 (4K, 20 pin) that I'd like to = contract out. Ideally it would be done in Z8 ASM, and compatible with = the ZDS II environment. It would require a US-based programmer but can = all be done via email. Deadline is medium-term (no emergency, but not = open-ended).

It's a fairly simple project. If it's appropriate in this NG (some one = tell me please), I can post a 20-line spec that describes the hardware = used and the basic actions needed, to give an idea of complexity.

Any interest?

--=20 Jim

Reply to
Jim Mack

Possibly. Post the description. Include a clear version of your email address, such as mine below. Also describe what hardware you supply. Please control your line lengths - 72 chars max, but 67 is better.

CBFalconer

Here you go:

= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

The software is for a device built around a Zilog Z8 Encore, specifically the Z8F0430SH020SG (4K flash, 20-pin package)

The elements of the device are:

1 - Z8 MCU 5 - button switches 1 - LED, both as input (via ADC) and as output * 1 - sensor (via ADC), possibly 2 1 - speaker, driven by frequency (timer) output 1 - go / no-go state input 3 - (possible) Berg jumpers
  • The single LED is both an indicator and a sensor. Its=20 amplified output is available at an ADC input, and it is driven 'on' by a digital output (at different times).

At various times the device will:

- accept user input via button interrupts

- monitor the state of the go/no-go line

- learn and store the values from the ADCs

- compare current ADC values to stored values

- flash the LED

- output pulsed and swept tones via the speaker

= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

My email address must be pretty easy to figure out -- several=20 people reading this thread have managed to do so already.

--=20 Jim

Reply to
Jim Mack

So why do you consider this "Ideally it would be done in Z8 ASM" - why not allow the developer to choose C - it's free ? (and you can mix asm if you find you really need to )

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

Fair question. The only reason is that C is not one of my strengths, and = I'm fluent in several varieties of ASM. I'll be the one modifying and = maintaining this code.

It's expressed as a preference, not as a hard requirement. This is = simple enough a program that I'm sure I could muddle through the C if I = have to. And I would never rule out a highly qualified programmer just = because of it.

If the compiler can emit intermediate ASM code, then it's mostly moot.

--=20 Jim

Reply to
Jim Mack