Z8 assembly programmer learning eZ8 C for the first time

Hi, I just received my eZ8 development board.  I have been an assembly
programmer for several years but I have never developed C code for a
microcontroller.  I know C but I am still a beginner.  Can anyone send
me some C code writtern for the eZ8 development board so I can learn
from it?  Any pointers on code development for the eZ8 board is also
appreciated.

Has anyone ever developed an ibutton interface for the eZ8 or other 8
bit controller in C ?

Thank you for your time.

Bradley
snipped-for-privacy@canoemail.com

Re: Z8 assembly programmer learning eZ8 C for the first time

There should be C code on the CDROM that came with the system. Look under
(taking deep breath):

C:\Program Files\ZiLOG\ZDSII_Z8 Encore!_F640X_4.6.1\applications

You'll see 3 folders. Avoid looking at the testcode stuff as it looks like it
was written by a high school or college student. I seem to remember that the
other two were somewhat better.

Re: Z8 assembly programmer learning eZ8 C for the first time

There is a Yahoo group for the Z8Encore

There is some utility stuff filed there that you could look at.

Jim

Site Timeline