XA flash API help needed.

My project uses a Philips XA-49 microcontroller.  I need to use the
built-in Flash programming API.  I have successfully used it to write
bytes to flash, but when I request a block erase the call does not
return.

I am waiting for PWDVLD in the AUXR register.

Does anyone out there have experience with this API on this part?
Regards,
Paul.

Re: XA flash API help needed.
I had a similar problem with a PIC processor. The block erase operation was
taking too much time to complete, so that watchdog reset the chip...

-Henrique