WTB: CAN starter kit

Can anyone recommend a good kit for getting started using CAN?

If you have one you're not using and would like to sell it, that could
work as well.

If you have one to sell, email me. Otherwise post here.

I've requested a quote or two online, but I don't really know what these
should go for.

I already have a micro with CAN support. I want something to hook it up
to, and a PC interface as well.

Thanks,

--buddy

Re: CAN starter kit

Cheap and reasonably easy to use
http://www.futurlec.com/CANNode.shtml
get a couple of few to use together
Quite a lot of the other futurlec dev board / controllers have can
or the option as well.

http://www.canopenbook.com /
http://www.esacademy.com/ some good resources

http://www.esacademy.com/myacademy/ some basic can online courses

There are more extensive and expensive kits from
http://www.candip.com also sold by dontronics.com
lots ofn others as well.

Alex Gibson

Re: WTB: CAN starter kit

For a cheap PC based solution try can4linux
http://www.canexperts.de/engl/canprod/hw_can4linux_ext.html
and a cheap PC interface (e.g. an ISA AT-CAN-MINI or any other SJA1000 based
passive ISA board)
You can use the PC to communicate with your micro with CAN support.

Regards
 Heinz
--

with best regards / mit freundlichen Grüßen

   Heinz-Jürgen Oertel