WTB: 5.25" LCD for PC

Hi,

I'm looking for a device that will fit in a 5.25" drive bay of a PC. It should have an LCD display, and a few buttons.

The goal of this is to allow network configuration of the PC through the device. The PC will be running a custom distribution of linux.

If you have any pointers, send 'em my way. I know that I've seen this sort of thing before, but don't remember where.

Thanks,

--buddy

--
Remove '.spaminator' and '.invalid' from email address
when replying.

I don't know any ready-made product, however it shouldn't be too difficult to build one using a serial-mode LCD connected to one of the serial ports of the PC. Some of them have push-button inpupts too. Then it is "just" a matter of packaging...

Yours,

Robert Lacoste - ALCIOM : The mixed signals experts

a écrit dans le message de news:bvua76$o3$ snipped-for-privacy@news-int2.gatech.edu...

Reply to
Robert Lacoste

Maxtrix Orbital has them: 2x16 LCD + arrow keys, F1, F2 and Enter key. Serial connection or USB.

Willem

Reply to
Willem

Portly Stout