WPA for embedded?

My company produces small microcontroller-based devices. We're currently communicating to the outside world via 802.11b.

Lately we've been getting customer requests for better security than WEP. They want WPA (or WPA2, or 802.1x). Looking into those, it appears that the processing power for the supplicant application would bring our poor little micro to its knees. I haven't really been able to find any small embedded solution for WPA.

We can't be the only manufacturer facing this problem. How are others providing WPA to an otherwise dumb device?

Reply to
Steve King