wlan repeater

Hi There,

I'm looking for information regarding an embedded wlan repeater. I know I can get wifi modules to pick up signals from a wifi network or wifi router modules to distribute wifi data but how does a repeater work exactly? How do I redistribute the same data i receive without conflicting the receiving & sending network? Any information is greatly appreciated!

Thank you! roN

Reply to
cerr

Hi There,

I'm looking for information regarding an embedded wlan repeater. I know I can get wifi modules to pick up signals from a wifi network or wifi router modules to distribute wifi data but how does a repeater work exactly? How do I redistribute the same data i receive without conflicting the receiving & sending network? Any information is greatly appreciated!

Thank you! roN

Reply to
cerr

I've been out of this for years, but the protocol used to be called "WDS", or Wireless Distribution Something.

It's not true repeating from what I recall, it does exist intrachannel.

Reply to
bbhack

Hi Bryan,

Thank you, that gives me a first hint on what to look for. WDS seems to stand for Wireless Distribution System... I'll follow up on that and will do some Google work tomorrow in the office. Any other experiences, hints or suggestions are still appreciated! Thanks! Ron

Reply to
cerr