Wither FIR?

Is anyone using 16M (FIR) IrDA ?

Looking over the history via the magic of Google, I see a burst of
interest around the beginning of the current century, and not much
recently excepting perhaps HP err.. Avago.

I also don't see much in the way of available (OTS) hardware..

Has Bluetooth rendered it comatose? Is there a non-RF alternative? Or
is it just coming up to speed?

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Re: Wither FIR?

Look at consumer electronics; cellphones, PDAs, computers, printers.
IrDA has disappeared from the consumer landscape.

Site Timeline