Wireless connection between mini robots

Hi all

  As a student project/research adventure we are planning to build =
several small robots that will be coordinated by a main brain via =
wireless connection.

 At this point we seek a suitable microcontroller to drive a simple pair =
of DC motors with the possibility to hook up to a wireless connection.

  Could the experts from this form suggest a suitable development =
(embedded) board or a suitable microcontroller?

 Any hints would be gratefully accepted,

 Thanks

 IB

Re: Wireless connection between mini robots
One option would be to use cheap WiFi PDA and
use it to drive your control your robots.

Deepa
--
http://www.EventHelix.com/EventStudio
EventStudio 2.5 - Automate sequence diagram generation

Re: Wireless connection between mini robots

small robots that will be coordinated by a main brain via wireless connection.
motors with the possibility to hook up to a wireless connection.
board or a suitable microcontroller?

Our ER25 PICmicro WLAN board is used for robotics control, and the
underlying technology has been incorporated into a standalone motor
control board, see www.roboticsgroup.com

Jeremy Bentham
Iosoft Ltd.

Re: Wireless connection between mini robots

If you post html or mime encodings in usenet they will usually not
be read or be completely suppressed by the better ISPs.  Use pure
text only.

Resent in pure text: Wireless connection between mini robots

Hi all

  As a student project/research adventure we are planning to build several
small robots that will be coordinated by a main brain via wireless
connection.

 At this point we seek a suitable microcontroller to drive a simple pair of
DC motors with the possibility to hook up to a wireless connection.

  Could the experts from this form suggest a suitable development (embedded)
board or a suitable microcontroller?

 Any hints would be gratefully accepted,

 Thanks

 IB

Re: Wireless connection between mini robots
several small robots that will be coordinated by a main brain via
wireless connection.

If ALL you want to do is drive a couple of motors wirelessly, then no
microcontroller is necessary. Use the RF transceiver chips used in RC
toy applications (for example). Realtek used to sell these, not sure if
they still do.

Site Timeline