Wireless connection between mini robots

=_NextPart_000_0006_01C4F973.26ECB9A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1255" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi all

As a student project/research adventure we are planning to build = several small robots that will be coordinated by a main brain via = wireless connection.

At this point we seek a suitable microcontroller to drive a simple pair = of DC motors with the possibility to hook up to a wireless connection.

Could the experts from this form suggest a suitable development = (embedded) board or a suitable microcontroller?

Any hints would be gratefully accepted,

Thanks

IB

Reply to
Izhak

One option would be to use cheap WiFi PDA and use it to drive your control your robots.

Deepa

EventStudio 2.5 - Automate sequence diagram generation

Reply to
EventHelix.com

small robots that will be coordinated by a main brain via wireless connection.

motors with the possibility to hook up to a wireless connection.

board or a suitable microcontroller?

Our ER25 PICmicro WLAN board is used for robotics control, and the underlying technology has been incorporated into a standalone motor control board, see

Jeremy Bentham Iosoft Ltd.

Reply to
Jeremy Bentham

If you post html or mime encodings in usenet they will usually not be read or be completely suppressed by the better ISPs. Use pure text only.

-- "If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the article headers." - Keith Thompson

Reply to
CBFalconer

Hi all

As a student project/research adventure we are planning to build several small robots that will be coordinated by a main brain via wireless connection.

At this point we seek a suitable microcontroller to drive a simple pair of DC motors with the possibility to hook up to a wireless connection.

Could the experts from this form suggest a suitable development (embedded) board or a suitable microcontroller?

Any hints would be gratefully accepted,

Thanks

IB

Reply to
Izhak

several small robots that will be coordinated by a main brain via wireless connection.

If ALL you want to do is drive a couple of motors wirelessly, then no microcontroller is necessary. Use the RF transceiver chips used in RC toy applications (for example). Realtek used to sell these, not sure if they still do.

Reply to
larwe