Windows XP embedded OS wont save user account

I have a HP thin client that has an embedded OS. It is running windows XP. I lost the admin password but recovered it with a third party tool. I now need to create a new user account and it will not save my settings. I also cannot get the PC to join the domain. I really need to get this problem resolved.

Reply to
d-bo

Hello !

Try creating the user accounts first at the domain controller computer. Then log in with the administrator password (local administrator on the embedded computer), join it to the domain (remember to give the domain administrator's password when joining), then create a local user account with the same credentials as in the domain controller. Now go to the domain controller again and give the specified users the rights to use the computer. Then restart the embedded computer, and it should work alright.

Regards, Antti Keskinen

Reply to
Antti Keskinen

I am tryin to create a local user account on the machine not a user in the domain. SORRY!!

Reply to
d-bo