WinAVR for ATtiny2313 ?

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to AVR development. I was looking into using C for some of
my high-level logic, but couldn't figure out a reliable way to do it on
Windows. The latest version of WinAVR (http://winavr.sourceforge.net/)
does not support ATtiny2313 (which is what I'm using), because their
avr-libc is too old. I know I can download and install avr tools on my
Linux box, including the latest avr-libc (1.2.2), but then I'd have to
give up AVR Studio.

Is it possible to install the latest avr-gcc and other tools on Windows
? I tried building the latest avr-libc under Cygwin, but didn't get too
far...

Re: WinAVR for ATtiny2313 ?

Get the IAR C compiler Kickstart edition. www.iar.com
You may have to contact their support to get a link.
his is free for code up to 4 kB, so it shoul support your t2313.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

The latest WinAVR has avr-libc 1.2.3. The latest WinAVR being WinAVR
20050414, which was announced on this list. The information at
http://winavr.sourceforge.net/package.html seems to be outdated.

Regards
   Anton Erasmus

Re: WinAVR for ATtiny2313 ?
Thanks ! Without your help, I never would've discovered the new
release. Maybe someone should update the sourceforge package ?

Site Timeline