Will the willem eeprom programmer program most pics/avrs?

Hi - I was looking at getting a Willem eeprom programmer, but I wanted
to find out one thing first. On the spec sheet for it:
http://www.willem.org/specs.htm it lists various avrs and pics that it
supports. Is that most avrs/pics? Or is that just a few? Thanks!

Re: Will the willem eeprom programmer program most pics/avrs?
It will only program AVRs using the parallel method. As far as I know, not
all AVRs do this.

Re: Will the willem eeprom programmer program most pics/avrs?

Just curious but is there some reason you're unable to compare the list
of devices handled by the programmer with the lists of devices available
at Microchip and Atmel?

Just for fun, I think my answer to your question is: As far as I know it
supports every PIC and AVR ever made as well as every one planned for
production in the next twenty years -- not only the with the standard
parallel and in-system serial programming methods but also with the soon
to be announced telepathic programming technology.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA

Re: Will the willem eeprom programmer program most pics/avrs?

Well - I am very new to AVR/PIC/EEPROM programming - so forgive me. I
saw a short list of AVRs/PICs and was like "in the digikey catalog -
there are pages and pages of AVRs and PICs" so I was worried that it
only supported a few AVRs/PICs. But then I thought that maybe those
weren't exact models - that they were in fact series of AVRs and PICs.
I'm not sure how much of what you said was sarcasm. Telepathic
programming? Damn - I want to see that in action...

Re: Will the willem eeprom programmer program most pics/avrs?

Michael,

as far as I can see, the programmer in question will only program a
small variety of PIC's and AVR's, mainly what is considered the most
common type.

If you have a look on the manufacturers pages, you will see many micros
not listed for use with this programmer.

If you really want to program the full variety of PIC's or AVR's, then
you will need a programmer that is designed to keep up to date with all
parts.

http://www.dontronics.com/cat_index_hard_avr.html
and
http://www.dontronics.com/cat_index_hard_pic.html
are just some of them

--
Don McKenzie  E-mail:    http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html
              Home Page: http://www.dontronics.com

Re: Will the willem eeprom programmer program most pics/avrs?

ok then - that's what I kinda thought. Do you know of any programmers
that can program eeproms, pics, and avrs? Thanks!

Re: Will the willem eeprom programmer program most pics/avrs?

Telepathic *precognitive* programming technology.  By the time
you decide which PIC or AVR to use, it's loaded your program.

                --Blair
                  "Just-in-time-before-you-know-it
                   engineering."

Site Timeline