Will the willem eeprom programmer program most pics/avrs?

Hi - I was looking at getting a Willem eeprom programmer, but I wanted to find out one thing first. On the spec sheet for it:

it lists various avrs and pics that it supports. Is that most avrs/pics? Or is that just a few? Thanks!

Reply to
Michael

It will only program AVRs using the parallel method. As far as I know, not all AVRs do this.

Reply to
Brett

Just curious but is there some reason you're unable to compare the list of devices handled by the programmer with the lists of devices available at Microchip and Atmel?

Just for fun, I think my answer to your question is: As far as I know it supports every PIC and AVR ever made as well as every one planned for production in the next twenty years -- not only the with the standard parallel and in-system serial programming methods but also with the soon to be announced telepathic programming technology.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Well - I am very new to AVR/PIC/EEPROM programming - so forgive me. I saw a short list of AVRs/PICs and was like "in the digikey catalog - there are pages and pages of AVRs and PICs" so I was worried that it only supported a few AVRs/PICs. But then I thought that maybe those weren't exact models - that they were in fact series of AVRs and PICs. I'm not sure how much of what you said was sarcasm. Telepathic programming? Damn - I want to see that in action...

Reply to
Michael

Michael,

as far as I can see, the programmer in question will only program a small variety of PIC's and AVR's, mainly what is considered the most common type.

If you have a look on the manufacturers pages, you will see many micros not listed for use with this programmer.

If you really want to program the full variety of PIC's or AVR's, then you will need a programmer that is designed to keep up to date with all parts.

and
are just some of them

--
Don McKenzie  E-mail:    http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html
              Home Page: http://www.dontronics.com

Add USB to your favorite Micro.      http://www.dontronics.com/dlp.html
The World's Largest Range of Atmel/AVR & PICmicro Hardware and Software
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Telepathic *precognitive* programming technology. By the time you decide which PIC or AVR to use, it's loaded your program.

--Blair "Just-in-time-before-you-know-it engineering."

Reply to
Blair P. Houghton

Don McKenzie wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@dontronics.com:

ok then - that's what I kinda thought. Do you know of any programmers that can program eeproms, pics, and avrs? Thanks!

Reply to
Michael