Wiggler with WinXP

Hi all,

I tried to use the Wiggler compatible JTAG Adapter from Olimex with OCD
Commander.

Under Win2K it works fine. On my new PC under WinXP it fails.
Commander gives the message "Adapter not connected"
A parallel printer works fine on this LPT Port.

Macraigor wrote that the Commander works with Win XP.
Has anybody used this combination? Do I need special drivers
for LPT Port under WinXP?

Thanks and Regards
Thomas
thomas dot motz at gmx dot net

Re: Wiggler with WinXP

I use both a genuine Wiggler and my own design I/F without any problems
under WinXP. You must have the printer port set for 'EPP', that is the most
likely cause of your problem.

Leon
--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

Dear Leon,
thanks for your reply.

A lot of reboots later I tested all possible configurations for the LPT
Port.
Unfortunateley the Fail-Message was constant.

Your own I/F replaces the OCD Commander I think, so the Problem possibly
depends on the Commander Software.

Thomas

Re: Wiggler with WinXP

No, I meant my own hardware I/F, which works like the Wiggler. The Commander
software works fine for me.

What ARM hardware are you using?

Leon

Re: Wiggler with WinXP

I tested with several ARM Boards: AT91EB40a, Olimex LPC-P212X, Cirrus
EP7312.
With all these Boards I had no problems under Win2K, but this was on my old
PC and
I cast suspicion on the LPT Hardware now. (The commander works fine for you
so in all
probability I have a Hardware problem with my new PC. Onboard LPT Port from
ASUS
P4P800S-E)

I will google for some Test Software for XP and Monday I will buy another
LPT Hardware.

Regards
Thomas

Re: Wiggler with WinXP

we use XP and never have had whatsoever problem with our ARM-JTAG
check LPT port settings, and if your computer which run XP is faster
than other one where our JTAG "works" do some adjustments on SPEED
parameter

Best regards
Tsvetan
---
PCB prototypes for $26 at http://run.to/pcb
(http://www.olimex.com/pcb )
Re: Wiggler with WinXP

I managed to damage onboard LPT on my system. Then we bought I/O LPT
card (PCI version) and we thought this will solve the problem. Printers
communicating with legacy drivers worked normaly but other software not.
Try before buy if you'll buy IO card.

BR,
Slawc

Re: Wiggler with WinXP

I can't get my Olimex arm-jtag to run with OCD commander either.

I've tested just about every possible combination of bios
setting, LPT port, communications delay, and target jumper
configuration (Olimex LPC-P2106 and LPC-WEB).  Swapped out
the xtal on the '2106 board as a test too.  Even tried a
couple of older versions of OCD commander--no go.

I'm running under win2k, and the very same installation
of OCD commander works fine with BDM wigglers to my CPU32
hardware.

The Olimex arm-jtag clone did work for me under Rowley
Crossworks.

newell

Re: Wiggler with WinXP

Beware that you must reduce the OCD-speed when you connect the Olimex Board.
On my Hardware OCD Speed 5 works fine with my Olimex LPC Board

Thomas.

Re: Wiggler with WinXP

Works fine on my XP Home.  Try changing the speed parameter.  I've used
Wiggler, Raven, and the Amontec.  So far the Amontec seems to have the least
quirky operation.

Re: Wiggler with WinXP

AAARGH!

Under Win2K I used OCD Commander Version V2.2.5 .
This Version works both under Win2K and WinXP.

Under WinXP I got the new Version 2.4.0 from OCD Commander
and this Version does  n o t  work with my WinXP.

Now I'm using V2.2.5 and it works fine on my new PC with WinXP.

Thomas

Site Timeline