Wiggler and Linux GDB

Has anyone had any luck getting the Macraigor Wiggler working with gdb under
linux?
It doesn't look like gdb-5.3 supports ARM targets for the wiggler yet, only PPC.

Re: Wiggler and Linux GDB
linux?
PPC.

http://www.amontec.com/chameleon.shtml for a Raven and Wiggler in the
same hardware for only euro 149.-

100% compatible with Macraigor Raven and Wiggler

The Raven has a better support on Linux.

------------ And now a word from our sponsor ----------------------
For a quality mail server, try SurgeMail, easy to install,
fast, efficient and reliable.  Run a million users on a standard
PC running NT or Unix without running out of power, use the best!
----  See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_surgemail.htm ----

Re: Wiggler and Linux GDB
linux?
PPC.

So I've tried running OcdLibRemote.exe and then starting gdb.  (under cygwin)
Using insight, it says it cannot connect to the target board.
Using command-line gdb, it just hangs.
OcdLibRemote does report that it accepts a gdb connection.

I'm doing this on windows 2000 btw.

Re: Wiggler and Linux GDB
under linux?
only PPC.

I've had it working on Windows 2000 and 95.
I start it up with the following command in a cygwin bash window:
/usr/local/bin/ocdlibremote -c XSCALE-IXP -p 8888 -d WIGGLER -a 1

You will want to change the -c and -p parameters to suit your setup.
One nuiscance is that you must restart ocdlibremote each time that gdb
disconnects (I use a shell script that just starts it up again each
time it completes).

Then connect to it from gdb with "target remote localhost:8888".
I've been using the GDB/Insight from the Redhat GNUpro xscale-030422
release.

Good luck.

- Charles

Site Timeline