wifi home radio player

Hello All...

I want to build a portable Wifi Internet Radio so I can stream music from my favorite stations (the appliance connects to the router for internet access and NOT to a PC).

I don't want to use a mini-itx board and would prefer using something of a smaller form factor (ARM, 8MB Flash, 10/100, sound card etc..). I will probably adapt and recompile one of the many Linux based kernels for appliances.

Can you please help with configuring the hardware required (and vendor).

Thanks in advance for your help.

PaKo

Reply to
grobelar

You could buy a board like

and add a Wifi Cardbus adapter, and plug speakers into it. There is Linux to work on it and the patches, drivers etc. are available from the resources listed there.

    PC Services
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Carpenter

right?

Reply to
steven

Sorry, forgot to check my typing.. Should be

    PC Services
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Carpenter

We are devloping something similar at university which will use wifi to stream radio from the internet via the router.

We have found a board at rabbit semiconductor

which handles wifi.

Please feel free to fill in our development survey at

if you have a minute

Chris

Reply to
cwl123456