why does uC/OS2 use __asm int 0x30 to handle an intterrupt?

I want to know how to implement the interrupt handling code without __asm int 0x30.

If there isn't the IDT(Interrupt Description Table), how can you implement the interrupt handling code ?

Is it efficient to use IDT to handle interrupt in comparison with not using an OS level interrupt handling ?

Reply to
myoungjune

If you are not using the version that runs under dos, but still want to run on an x86 architecture you will need the x86 Protected Mode port that is available on the Micrium website. It should answer your questions, but it is a much more involved project.

--
Scott
Validated Software Corp.

If you buy Jean Labross's book it'll answer these questions, and more. I've only skimmed through it, but I watched a guy do his first-ever OS port with nothing more than a generic copy of MicroC/OS-II and the book. Not only did he get it working fast, but it's worked for ages for the company.

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com

Tim Wescott