Why are headhunters overwhelmingly idiots? - Page 2

Re: Why are headhunters overwhelmingly idiots?
I don't know if anyone is still reading this thread; however, I couldn'
resist responding.  I want to be up front and let everyone know that I a
a recruiter.  No, I am not trying to recruit anyone here.  I just wante
respond and actually give you some advice in finding the right recruiter.
Yes, many recruiters make us look bad because they don't have the technica
expertise in explaining the position, or asking the right questions (bu
pretend that they know).
So in order to qualify the recruiter, ask them this:
What does industry is the company in? If you have automotive embedde
experience, it may not be enough for a wireless company.
Are you working with the hiring manager? Recruiters will only understan
the position if they are dealing with the boss.  Don't even deal wit
recruiters that have to go through HR.  HR can be just as clueless.
And if they ask you to tweak your resume, forget it.  The hiring manager
director of engineering will know what to look for in a resume.  Tru
embedded developers can see through the b.s. in a resume.
Recruiters cannot help an engineer with his/her resume. Period.
So don't fall for that trap.
Anyway, just my thoughts....

got
really
something like
have an
embedded
anything

embedded
on my
know Java.
with
consider
through
times I
retarded?

Re: Why are headhunters overwhelmingly idiots?

Please do not top-post.  Your answer belongs after (or intermixed
irrelevant material.  See the following links:

--
  <http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
  <http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

"If you can't do it - teach it!
  If you can't teach - consult!"

I guess taking that one step further...

"If you can't consult - recruit?"

Mark McDougall, Engineer
Virtual Logic Pty Ltd, <http://www.vl.com.au
Re: Why are headhunters overwhelmingly idiots?
says...

The idea being that if they can actually parse that question they should
be eliminated from consideration? ;)

Robert

--

Re: Why are headhunters overwhelmingly idiots?

Why are headhunters idiots?
Because there are zero requirements to become a headhunter
other than wanting obscene fees for a few minutes on the phone.

Why are they hated?
Because they are typically sleazy as a used car salesman,
an un-needed middleman, a parasite.

Re: Why are headhunters overwhelmingly idiots?

They are no different than the HR department of any company.  Think
of them as outsourced HR.

Re: Why are headhunters overwhelmingly idiots?

Which is exactly what Moon Shine just said!

--
Mark McDougall, Engineer
Virtual Logic Pty Ltd, <http://www.vl.com.au
Re: Why are headhunters overwhelmingly idiots?

exactly not.

Re: Why are headhunters overwhelmingly idiots?

"Because there are zero requirements to become a headhunter
other than wanting obscene fees for a few minutes on the phone.
Because they are typically sleazy as a used car salesman,
an un-needed middleman, a parasite."

Reads like a dictionary entry for "HR" to me?!? :P

--
Mark McDougall, Engineer
Virtual Logic Pty Ltd, <http://www.vl.com.au
Re: Why are headhunters overwhelmingly idiots?

...without the longevity of HR employees.  There is little
point in assisting a headhunter by, say, giving him a lead
in the hope that he may help you in the future.  For him
there is no future; he will be gone in a few weeks.

Re: Why are headhunters overwhelmingly idiots?

Then there's the recruiter I encountered who said he was
paid so much money to do recruiting that he couldn't be
bothered to discuss the jobs for which he was recruiting.

Re: Why are headhunters overwhelmingly idiots?

How about communicating in English? With this sort of rubbish, you only
make yourself appear to be an imbecile.

Site Timeline