Which microcontroller do you advice?

I have been tried to develop some small projects on MicroChip's PICs like I said before.

But in the commercial area which microcontroller is most selected? I don't want to waste my time anymore! Nowadays, I'm working on ARMs.

Thanks for your advice...

Reply to
Tolga Onbay

Stay with ARM

Reply to
TheDoc

That would of course depend on what you where doing. There is not one micro that does all.

Reply to
Neil Kurzman

Picking the microcontroller which is "most selected" is a poor way of insuring that you don't waste your time. There are thousands of low end 4/8-bit processors sold for every ARM, and thousands of ARMs sold for every Pentium, but the employment picture is pretty much the reverse -- there are very few jobs programming 4-bit processors.

Every successful small embedded systems engineer[1] I know can work with a number of processors. He/she usually has a favorite for tiny and cheap jobs, and another favorite for doing something sophisticated. ARMs are a great place to start. Another thing that will enhance your employability is to know how to program small processors in assembly and C. Also, you should learn as much about hardware as possible, and you should have something like a BasicX BS-24 in your toolkit for those times when you want one controller with a simple program to be up and running in less than 5 minutes. See [

].