Where to start with a 10/100 PHYTER

Hey Everyone

I am looking start dev with 10/100 ethernet chips and have read up a bit on the DP83848C and some of the realtek chips and interfacing them with an ARM processor, can anyone recommend any books or sites where i can figure out how to starting coding for ethernet on the ARM (not using uCLinux)

thanx :-) Xaropm

Reply to
Xarion

For transferring Ethernet frames using the chips, just read the data sheets and write the driver.

It's a different story what to do with the transferred frames. If you want to use it for TCP/IP, get a book on TCP/IP, read and understand it.

My favourite is the series by the late W. Richard Stevens .

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi