Where to buy in Montreal (Atmel, Motorola)

Hi, I would like to know if someone knows a place in Montreal where I can buy easily microprocessor chips. I'm searching for Atmel or Motorola. Active doesn't seems to have what I want in stock.

Thanks!

Simon

Reply to
Simon

The prices are all Canadian if you use the .ca suffix. Each order will cost you $8 shipping for next day delivery via Purolator (i.e. Canada Post) If you have to have it by tomorrow, that's the way to go.

Otherwise, check your yellow pages under "electronics". A quick search of Canada411.ca for "Montreal" and "Electronics" with the subcategory "Electronic Equipment & Supplies Retail" resulted in 53 results.

If you only want a few, request samples from the manufacturers. Microchip usually gets me samples in three days.

--
Magnus McElroy
Electrical Engineer (EIT)

Try Digikey. Sure, they're in the middle of nowhere, USA, not Montreal, but the stuff can be delivered overnight at reasonable cost.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I'm from Stratford, Ontario and here is a list of all the distributors that I've used at some point.

Electrosonic and Active are Canadian so it removes the border issues. I use Digikey extensively as they take care of the border for you so you really have to worry about it. I've also used Newark and Avnet quite a bit but you usually get hit with extra importing/shipping costs.

Reply to
James Morrison

I'll take a look at Digikey! Thanks guys!

Simon

Reply to
Simon

Totally non-responsive and OT, but - Does Payette still exist in Montreal? They used to be on Craig at the foot of Park Ave. As a youth I pawed through the war surplus things in the bins.

CBFalconer

I don't see it in the yellow page

Reply to
Simon