Where can I buy one Atmel AT90CAN128 in the UK?

Hello all,

Where can I get the Atmel AT90CAN128, in the TQFP package, in the UK,
in small quantities (ie. one)?

http://shop.embedit.de have them for eur13.49 but they only seem to
deliver to Germany, with no easy method of payment (looks like cash on
delivery).

Are there any UK-based suppliers who will sell in single quantities?

Thanks!

Hofman

Re: Where can I buy one Atmel AT90CAN128 in the UK?

You can get them at uk.digikey.com

There is a small order charge + P&P for small orders but you can buy
one and get it shipped to the UK.

Iain

www.claritech.co.uk

Re: Where can I buy one Atmel AT90CAN128 in the UK?

Hmm - not a very /small/ charge:-
Shipping charge of 12 on orders below 100
Handling charge of 10 on orders below 75

So your single 9.50p chip would cost 31.50 ...
Geo

Re: Where can I buy one Atmel AT90CAN128 in the UK?

Hmm, that does look quite pricey, and you need to add VAT to that as
well.

Thanks to Iain, for the suggestion though.

Any alternatives, or is that the best option?

Regards,

Hofman

Re: Where can I buy one Atmel AT90CAN128 in the UK?
Hofman,

out of curiosity, why are you using the AT90CAN128 and not e.g. the
LPC2119 available from Digikey as well but cheaper.  Here you get an
8-bit micro with 16 MHz max and one CAN interface, 4K RAM,  there you
get a 60 MHz 32-bit ARM CPU with 128K Flash and 16K RAM.
Advantage AVR are single voltage and a wide voltage range, a couple
more I/O pins and may be you have software available for it.
Advantage LPC2119, 2 CAN channels, depending on the application n-times
faster, n is very small for bit oriented Apps, pretty big for math
stuff.

Just curious ;-)

Schwob