Where arm-elf toolchain for cygwin & win32 ?

Hello,

can you tell me where i can get an updated precompiled arm-elf-toolchain (gcc, linker,...) for cygwin and win32 ? Currently i am using arm-elf-gcc version 3.0.3, it seems to have a bugs inside.

Greetings,

Martin

Reply to
Martin Maurer

Just noticed a link to binaries on

John

But those are even older; v2.95!

--

John Devereux
Reply to

To be more specific:

1) go to
2) 3) click "gnutools"

I'm sure you can figure it out from there...

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  You were s'posed
                                  at               to laugh!

FWIW: Those ARM toolchains don't include big-endian support libraries.

I've got a script I used to build the same toolchains w/ big-endian support. Let me know if you want a copy. If you leave all the architectures enabled and add big-endian support, you end up with about half a gigabyte total. You can pare down the libraries after the fact if you want.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'm not an
                                  at               Iranian!! I voted for
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Grant Edwards

They also don't contain newlib (a standalone C library) or libstdc++ support, since those tools were intended for eCos. This may not be a problem if you're going to have your own startup/libc. Of course you could just use eCos too! You don't have to use the real-time multi-threaded kernel in eCos. You can just disable it and have the same type of startup context that newlib would give you.

But if you want newlib, if you build the tools from source according to the instructions at you should be fine. It's only the precompiled ones that had newlib removed.

Jifl

Jonathan Larmour

So _that's_ why I never got my toolchains as small as the downloaded ones!

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Here I am in 53
                                  at               B.C. and all I want is a
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Grant Edwards

You're right, they don't include a libc (e.g. newlib), but they do include libstdc++.a and .la files. Is there something besides those files that's missing for libstdc++ support?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  If Robert Di Niro
                                  at               assassinates Walter Slezak,
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Grant Edwards

Sorry yes you're right. I thought they weren't meant to be there. libsupc++ should be, but I thought libstdc++ shouldn't be. It needn't be certainly.

newlib ;-). Since that libstdc++ will have been built to expect newlib.

Jifl

Jonathan Larmour

Thanks -- I didn't know that (though a simple ldd probably would have told me). I left both of them in for my toolchain, since I only have to support big-endian ARM7TDMI, they don't take up much space.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Do I hear th'
                                  at               SPINNING of various