What's the problem with ADS1256

hello every one, Is this IC ADS1256 really so difficult to handle. I am experiencing tha this Ic is behaving erratically. Even the reading of configuratio registers operation is not giving the proper output. Adc is getting input at its input pin that I have checked on oscilloscope but output sometimes comes ok and then it gives some random output. I a able to write in the configuration registers, but reading the defaul values gives incorrect output. Actually i need to know the proper sequence, as and when to give rese command , synch signal. whatever delay is required as recommended in th data sheet I am giving more than sufficient delay but to no use. i a really struggling with this ADC. please anybody help me. I am giving 8.4 MHz clock to this ADC that i have reduced to 4.2 MHz for testing. what can be the problem?

Reply to
kumud singh

At a guess, you are probably not using the SPI interface properly. Are you reading/writing data on the correct edges? For example you could be reading data at the instant it is changing, leading to "random" results.

--

John Devereux
Reply to