What's the difference between flash parameter blocks and main blocks?

Dear All,

Would someone please explain the usage difference between Parameter Block and Main Block for Intel Nor Flash? For example, except for the block size, shall we use the parameter block for data storage=A3=BF

I'm not sure if we could use the parameter block in our program or it is reserved for parameter delivering for flash itself.

Best Regards dinny

Reply to
dinny

Best to read the fine print on the data sheets. For Intel I've found that the only distinction is that they are smaller and thus faster to erase. I've saved program and ran from those locations. I've also used them to save machine settings and reload on power up.

gm

Reply to
GMM50

I've read through the datasheet for Intel NOR-Flash. And I've found they just mentioned that it was designed for parameter storage use. Yet it is not clear whether it is for program use or flash use itself.

I've saved some small block of program into it, and it seems OK for execution.

Reply to
dinny