what is this blue machine?

http://www.kachun.com/dynamic/showpic?picid63%6&size=medium

Re: what is this blue machine?

Looks like an oscilloscope: look at the probe connectors.

Re: what is this blue machine?

A Tektronix TDS220 digital oscilloscope, jugding from the resemblence with
the one on my desk....

Meindert

Re: what is this blue machine?

scope. Tektronix TDS. There are several similar-looking types, but it could
be my TDS210.

Re: what is this blue machine?

Looks exactly like a TDS210 but could be some other model in the same series.

Re: what is this blue machine?

Yep... Not sure about the model, but it's in the same range of TekTronix
digitalscopes

Had those at school ... very nice toys...got some of my work done in half
the time, digital scopes help alot:-)

JB./.

Re: what is this blue machine?

I have a TDS210 on semi-permanent loan (meaning that I asked
permission before I borrowed it, and when my company goes out of
business I will probably be allowed to keep it). I also have a Tek
465B, and a 2445. All of them are useful for different things. The
465B is the unit I leave on most of the time. I've had a good time
repairing it (my boss originally gave it to me dead as a fixer-upper)
and given what I paid for it I don't need to worry very much about its
remaining service life.

The 2445 is the "heavy iron" I bring out for debugging those damn
annoying problems where you need to look at five things at once.

The main thing I find useful about the digital scope is the ability to
print traces directly, and sometimes it's handy to be able to freeze a
fleeting signal. But generally I find it less intuitive to use than
the analog scopes. It's odd, but it's just a "feeling" thing.

Re: what is this blue machine?

I also have a 2445, and it's been my stalwart support for over 20
years. Well, actually, I have two; the one I bought new died a couple
of years ago (a pox on Tek for not permitting the custom ICs inside to
be kept in supply), and the one I bought on ebay (clean unit; works
fine) is now brought out as needed. Knowing that the deflection ICs are
a known failure point, I no longer leave it on when not in use.

Well, I have the same feeling about the new digital scopes. I like them
to sampling scopes (as, in fact, they are), and consider the display to
be a couple of steps further removed from reality than the one on my
2445.

--
Bill
Posted with XanaNews Version 1.15.7.4

Re: what is this blue machine?

The Notebook looks almost like a toy.
And I notice his work area is very ergonomic.
His mother would be thrilled if he waived a soldering iron around there.

A student?

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page (ecp): http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

I guess it is a Textronix Digital Oscilloscpe.

Else the setup resembles pretty much my hotel room at the Embedded World
Trade Show...

Why watch TV ? It's more fun to do some debug scoping...

regards
/jan

bpo0t4$ snipped-for-privacy@imsp212.netvigator.com...

Re: what is this blue machine?

I have one of those! Its a TDS-210 scope (as others have said). I dropped
mine and had to fix it. Here are some pics of the inside.
http://www.miketurco.com/tds210 . -- Mike

Re: what is this blue machine?

What are the chips?

Leon

Re: what is this blue machine?

dropped

As I remember, it is a Motorola 68XXX system.

Mike

Re: what is this blue machine?
If you are referring to the box in the lower right-hand corner, that is an
oscilloscope, probably Tektronix. The new oscilloscopes use lcds instead of
cathode ray tubes, so they take up a lot less room.

Site Timeline