what is this blue machine?

Looks like an oscilloscope: look at the probe connectors.

Reply to
Rick Merrill

A Tektronix TDS220 digital oscilloscope, jugding from the resemblence with the one on my desk....

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

"myliux" schreef in bericht news:bpo0t4$ snipped-for-privacy@imsp212.netvigator.com...

scope. Tektronix TDS. There are several similar-looking types, but it could be my TDS210.

Reply to
Steven

Looks exactly like a TDS210 but could be some other model in the same series.

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

The Notebook looks almost like a toy. And I notice his work area is very ergonomic. His mother would be thrilled if he waived a soldering iron around there.

A student?

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page (ecp): http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

It's blue. But It's not BIG. Can't be an IBM then.

I guess it is a Textronix Digital Oscilloscpe.

Else the setup resembles pretty much my hotel room at the Embedded World Trade Show...

Why watch TV ? It's more fun to do some debug scoping...

regards /jan

myliux schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: bpo0t4$ snipped-for-privacy@imsp212.netvigator.com...

Reply to
Jan Homuth

Yep... Not sure about the model, but it's in the same range of TekTronix digitalscopes

Had those at school ... very nice toys...got some of my work done in half the time, digital scopes help alot:-)

JB./.

Reply to
JaXX

I have a TDS210 on semi-permanent loan (meaning that I asked permission before I borrowed it, and when my company goes out of business I will probably be allowed to keep it). I also have a Tek

465B, and a 2445. All of them are useful for different things. The 465B is the unit I leave on most of the time. I've had a good time repairing it (my boss originally gave it to me dead as a fixer-upper) and given what I paid for it I don't need to worry very much about its remaining service life.

The 2445 is the "heavy iron" I bring out for debugging those damn annoying problems where you need to look at five things at once.

The main thing I find useful about the digital scope is the ability to print traces directly, and sometimes it's handy to be able to freeze a fleeting signal. But generally I find it less intuitive to use than the analog scopes. It's odd, but it's just a "feeling" thing.

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

I have one of those! Its a TDS-210 scope (as others have said). I dropped mine and had to fix it. Here are some pics of the inside.

. -- Mike

Reply to
Mike Turco

What are the chips?

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller

If you are referring to the box in the lower right-hand corner, that is an oscilloscope, probably Tektronix. The new oscilloscopes use lcds instead of cathode ray tubes, so they take up a lot less room.

Reply to
Alan Holt

dropped

As I remember, it is a Motorola 68XXX system.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Turco

I also have a 2445, and it's been my stalwart support for over 20 years. Well, actually, I have two; the one I bought new died a couple of years ago (a pox on Tek for not permitting the custom ICs inside to be kept in supply), and the one I bought on ebay (clean unit; works fine) is now brought out as needed. Knowing that the deflection ICs are a known failure point, I no longer leave it on when not in use.

Well, I have the same feeling about the new digital scopes. I like them to sampling scopes (as, in fact, they are), and consider the display to be a couple of steps further removed from reality than the one on my

2445.
--
Bill
Posted with XanaNews Version 1.15.7.4