What is the connector style/design the automotive boxes use?

I need a really weather tight connector.

I'd like to use something similar to what the automotive electronic boxes use, I believe it is called a "packard" connector.

But I can not find a PC board mountable "packard" connector.

It is a deep large pined/socket connector.

What is the connector style/design the automotive boxes use?

Reply to
rjames.clarke

Deutsch connectors are very good:

Vladimir Vassilevsky

DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant

Vladimir Vassilevsky

Delphi has the Packard connectors. Their catalog isn't particularly well organized though, even as connector companies go.

You should probably look at Deutsch. I found their connectors easier to get in small quantities and easier to use as well. Their catalogs are a little easier to navigate but take forever to download.

Robert

Robert Adsett

Try:-

The above links were found using "waterproof connector" as the search term.

Paul E. Bennett ....................
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul E. Bennett

You need to look at connectors by their IP rating. Some automotive stuff needs IP67 ratings which can be done by a number of outfits.

So search (google is your friend) something like 'IP67 connector'.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS