What is the Best PCB Layout software ? (Money no object) - Page 3

Re: What is the Best PCB Layout software ? (Money no object)

At the risk of stating the obvious...
If money is no object, pick up the phone and farm out the PCB
design...or the schematic...or the project.
Life is too short to waste on things where money is no object.

Send all that excess money to me.  I'll put it to good use.

Re: What is the Best PCB Layout software ? (Money no object)

While money may not be a constraint, complete control of the
board design process may be on the list.  You lose a lot
of that control when you farm out the board layout.

Mark Borgerson

Re: What is the Best PCB Layout software ? (Money no object)
While I can't argue with your statement, I suggest that anybody
asking such a vague question is unlikely to do a better layout
job than someone experienced with the types of designs being
implemented and the tools to do so.

"Money is no object" is a clue that the OP is clueless.

Re: What is the Best PCB Layout software ? (Money no object)

I've worked with companies that were very reluctant to farm
out design work for security reasons.  Sometimes managers
have to decide whether to hire a new layout person or whether
the current employee would be more productive with different
tools.

However, I'm not sure that the person posting the request is the
person who will be doing the layout.  Or, it could be a
person with years of experience with a low-end program has
finally convinced a manager that a better program would
improve productivity.

I generally don't like to make assumptions about the
skill levels of people who request information here.
If they say that they are beginners, that's one thing.
To assume it without explicit evidence can be risky.
For all I know it could be a designer with 5 years of
Altium experience who is pissed off at some foible of
that system.  Money may be no object because they've
already spent a bunch and have more to spend if they
are convinced it would be worthwhile.

I do think that "money is no object" may be a less
than perfect description of the situation.  I would
have said "software cost is not a factor".

Mark Borgerson

Re: What is the Best PCB Layout software ? (Money no object)

There are those of us for which designing and laying out a PCB is a
hobby.  It's something we do for fun.  Paying somebody else to do it
would be like paying somebody else to go skiing for me.

Sorry don't understand "excess money"... ;)

--
Grant

Re: What is the Best PCB Layout software ? (Money no object)
says...
Nice observation.  And, as far as hobbies go, you can visit any
marina and observe the "money is no object" aspect--often at
a scale that overwhelms the cost of a good PCB layout program.

Mark Borgerson

Re: What is the Best PCB Layout software ? (Money no object)
says...

Dont understand "money" well some of my custoers dont :)

Re: What is the Best PCB Layout software ? (Money no object)
No question, i tried out many softwares on the market, and EAGLE'S PCB software
is the best in my opinion.
The support and tutorials section is great, too!

http://www.cadsoftusa.com/

Re: What is the Best PCB Layout software ? (Money no object)
software is the best in my opinion.

How many 8-layer boards with multiple 200...400 pin BGA devices on it have
you desgined using Eagle?

  -jm

Am Montag, 14. Januar 2013 07:25:07 UTC schrieb Jukka Marin:
software is the best in my opinion.

Hey Jukka,
I designed several 8-layer boards. But in the last weeks I was short in time and
had no new projects.

Btw, i understand the discussion of circuit designing for fun.
Back in the days it was a hobby of mine and when it turned out that people are
interested in my PCBs, I was fine with it, too.

Site Timeline