What is the best embedded systems simulator

What I ma looking for is display of chips components connections, programmable etc. Runs on multiple Windows platforms.

Reply to
alex

You are going to have to be more specific. MPLAB simulates PICs, AVRStudio simulates AVRs, Keil tools have peripheral simulators, lots of other tools have core simulators (including GDB), then there is Skyeye, etc. etc. What is it your asking? Why did you not ask the question such that people can answer it?

--
Regards,
Richard.

In message , alex writes

An ICE

I can be a lot more specific if you can.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Chris Hills

Do you mostly want to see a visual schematic of logic chips AND you want to run code? Simulink can show schematics and run through clocking random logic, but I don't know of any tool that can do that AND simulate MCU instructions.

Reply to
Eric

Their tools do it and not expensive either.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Chris Hills

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 10:43:15 -0700, Eric wrote in comp.arch.embedded:

Three or four years ago, we had a company come in and demo a simulator for the Virtx 2 Pro with embedded PowerPC core. It simulated the complete FPGA and the processor.

It took about 30 seconds to simulate one instruction.

We didn't buy the tool, and I don't remember the name or the vendor.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jack Klein

I recently learned about this free tool that can simulate logic gates along with some PIC chips:

Eric

Reply to
Eric