what is "strapping"

I am reading the 80C188XL document and it reads "Pins specified as 'pulled high' or 'pulled low' can be strapped instead. using pull-up or pull-down resistors instead of strapping makes design changes easier and less costly." Does the word "strapping" mean that the pins are connected directly to vcc or vss without resistors, or does it mean that pull-up or pull-down pins are grouped, and connected to vcc or vss with a single resistor?

Thanks

vax, 9000

Reply to
vax, 9000

Yes.

Reply to
Eric Smith

"Strapping" is the word English gentlemen used to use to describe the kind of girls drawn by Robert Crumb.

Reply to
Paul Burke

Or what the teacher or vice principal used to do to bad boys.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I thought that was steatopygous ;)

Bob

Reply to
Bob Stephens

Careful with the attributions, plesae, I didn't write that. But seriously, "strapping" has a kind of old-fashioned sound to it for modern use in electronics- an 8 mil trace in 0.5 oz copper isn't much of a "strap".

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Sorry. I'm trying to get my head around a new newsreader and I've been spazzing out rather regularly.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Stephens