What graphical entry/documentation tools?

Hi,

I am a mature student will be doing some complex VHDL and Verilog design work for my course. As well as having to create and test the functionality of the design (in both languages) I want to document how the design is put together and it's complex hierarchy.

Is there anything out there that will allow me to represent my design in some sort of hierarchical functional blocks to use as a documentation tool? As I want to use both languages for the design something that ideally can accommodate VHDL and Verilog.

I am happy using my normal editing system for the code design so I don't want a 'block-to-code' type of system.

Thanks for your help.

James.

Reply to
jamesp

Hi James,

We have a tool which we believe will address your questions. There is a

15 day fully functional evaluation download available on the web site so please feel free to try it out.

Brian
Expressive Systems.
         www.expressivesystems.com
Reply to
Brian

You can use Metor Graphics's FPGA Advantage. When I was a student I used it to design complex VHDL designs. You have graphical entry of HDL code. The HDL code can also be converted to a graphical representation. See

for more infos on theyr products.

A+ Mehdi

Reply to
GaLaKtIkUs™