What finally happened to the Polaroid Polapulse batteries?

Hello! Shortly after the (supposed) success of the camera that used the film with the battery on it, the company made plans the release the batteries separately.

I recalled seeing some of them for sale in hobby shops for powering the launchers for model rockets.

Approximately seven to eight years ago I was able to order examples of them, both mounted on cardboard backings, and wrapped in the named wrapper. Also several of the ones who were used for film holders, and even contacts.

Shortly before the company started going through major financial problems I was able to order more.

Then all of a sudden the company seemingly dropped them. Supposedly they were assigned to a different company. Now I can't find anything about them outside of some fan sites.

So I'm turning to this excellent group for advice. I figure there's one or two, or more then that, numbers of people here who have used them in the past, and do know what happened and who to ask or what the company was called.

---- Gregg "This signature is on a three year holiday."

Reply to
Gregg Levine