What does this instruction mean: ANDDC #239 ?

ANDDC #239 can someone explain the meaning of this assembly instruction? I am using MC9S12A128B as the microcontoller on my target board. Using metrowerks code warrior and BDM multilink.

Anyone info will do plz help as stuck with this project. I am student an completely new to the field of embedded systems.

Thanks for any help, Ranjita

-> This message was sent using the web interface o

ranjita

Go here:

And download the document S12CPUV2.pdf. This is the Freescale reference manual for your CPU. It it will be a description of *all* the CPU instructions.

Reply to
Mark Odell

Are you sure about that instruction? I just happened to take a break from a HCS12 application I'm working on and went online for a few minutes. However, I'm pretty knowledgeable about assembly and I didn't recognize that one. I'm guessing that you're a bit lame with your keyboard, and you probably meant ANDCC #239 instead, didn't you?

In any event, I tried to do HLI assembly with ANDDC in my application just to see and it wouldn't compile, but ANDCC was no problem. I'm in agreement with the other reply to your post, so hit the manuals before posting unless you're totally lost and be careful with your syntax in the future. ANDCC is the logical AND CCR with mask instruction. I use CodeWarrior myself and I'm assuming that it wouldn't compile/assemble ANDDC for you either...

Gary Schnabl

Reply to
Gary Schnabl

I hate those tinyurls, I want to see where I am going. Better to provide both.

This emphasizes the need for any embedded programmer to understand the assembly language of the machine he is using.

 that there are no obvious deficiencies."   --  C. A. R. Hoare
Reply to
CBFalconer

Wrapped URL's don't work so well in plain-text though.

For sure.

Reply to
Mark Odell

sorry sir the instruction was indeed ANDCC. I shall be careful the next time.Thanks a lot for the help!!!!!!!!!!God bless u

Reply to
risha

from a

However,

I'm

meant

just

agreement

unless

is

I'm

I doubt it! If it were, it would compile via HLI assembly, wouldn't it? It's just common sense.If it won't compile/assemble on CodeWarrior, it just won't compute, so to speak. It's just probable that someone along the line simply made a typo. If it wasn't you, it was someone else. You don't have to be pissed off about it.

Typos are commonplace, and I come across several a day, or more often than that when I do some serious editing of manuals written by pros who should be more careful. And of course, I make them too.

BTW. Before I brought up the point that it must have been a mistake, I ran a Google search on both ANDCC and ANDDC - something that you could have easily done yourself. I got a number of HC12 hits on ANDCC, but **not one** for ANDDC after a hundred or so other matches for it - usually another typo for "and dc." Go figger!

Reply to
Gary Schnabl

Clueless four-to-a-cubicle Indian programmer...?

I've seen stuff like this before with an offshore company in India - totally clueless. It always amazes me that people bother to answer questions for the people that could be taking their jobs next year.

easily

for

Reply to
Joe Butler

totally

for

What is the problem ? That he is clueless or that he will take your job next year ?

Beware also of people in the cubicle next to yours, they can take your job as well.

Reply to
Lanarcam

The fact that he is clueless AND will take my job (and yours) next year.

What would happen if each year your company got rid of all the experienced staff because they were being replaced with fresh graduates on a much reduced salary?

Reply to
Joe Butler

year.

He will benefit from the fact that he will take your job but he is not responsible for this. This is decided at higher levels and it will take more than bullying to address that.

experienced

They already do it. Our CEO told us that engineers in Poland are payed

250 euros each month so we'd better take care. I won't complain to the poles though, it is up to us to deal with that.
Reply to
Lanarcam

OK, thoughtful words. However, if I then help him to do my job, how does that convince the 'higher levels' that they were wrong to switch offshore (since they see that the offshore company has all the expertise that was previously in-house)?

My experience of Indian companies may be extraordinary (maybe other offshore companies in India actually know what they are doing), but I'd be cautious in using them. I'm working for myself now, but I have had the 'opportunity' to collaborate _with_ an Indian software company (I was at this time completely open - seeing them as extra manpower to help with a project). They were totally inept. Eventually, I left that company. The manager that decided to use them cannot ever admit that they are useless because I showed that they had paid US$100,000 to the Indians for some software that I could have produced for US$10,000 (not many people are going to stand up and say, "I made a decision, against contary advice, that has cost this company US$90,000). It's not clear what caused this situation, but it was one of the following:

  1. Indian culture causes Indians to be 'yes men'. Therefore, if a not-so-technical manager mentions a way to accomplish a task, the Indians will say, "yes", rather than disagree with the customer. This could have severe cost implications.

  1. The Indian company's techincal department were staffed entirely by new graduates. Therefore lack of experience led them to propose a less than optimal solution (in terms of all metrics you might think to apply).

  2. The Indian company knew that there was a significantly cheaper way to implement the software product but decided not to explore that avenue - since it was not as financially rewarding and the costlier solution had severe cost penalties for future development too.

I've even seen two instances of 'release' versions of software being released from the Indians that totally flattened systems after intalling it - that's very scary (they couldn't even talk someone thru recovering the PC - I had to go in to recover some important data from one of the machines.). They were, remember, expecting this CD to be suitable for shipping direct to customers.

Good luck with your job security.

Reply to
Joe Butler

does

offshore

was

I share your concern entirely. But usenet was once a place where you could exchange tips without worrying, now that has changed apparently.

I need it, thanks.

Reply to
Lanarcam

That's capitalism ...

But, what's not fair is that he's trying to make us do his job.

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

break

minutes.

that one.

probably

application

posting

future. ANDCC

myself and

either...

it? It's

just won't

simply

be

than

should be

I ran a

easily

for

typo for

Am I missing something between the lines? Isn't this guy agreeing with you that the instruction is ANDCC and apologizing about the typo, why do you think he is pissed off?

Reply to
joep

(and cluelessly stripped all attributions)

With all the silly clueless mistakes you made in your reply, you have little cause to criticize. If someone can compete at a distance, that is his prerogative. You could do and could have done much more by insisting that the tax laws do not reward the wealthy and encourage out-sourcing. There is an old saying that people get the government they deserve.

CBFalconer

You are missing the point.

  1. Top posting is a choice made by an individual - there is nothing that says, "Thou shall not top-post".

(Anybody, at this point, that is unable to understand what's going on due to lack of context, read no further - don't post a reply, just go away now - there's nothing here for you.)

  1. I'm sorry if you need the attributions (I'm not sure what you mean here: headers, signature?) - it's very easy in my newsreader to get this info - perhaps you should get a better newsreader (as they say a lot round here).

  1. I believe that outsourcing will have long term negative effects - when/if these effects become detremental to the government (or, its citizens) in some way then presumably tax laws will change. The government do not listen to individuals that 'insist'.

  2. There are surely many societies that will disagree when you tell them that they 'derserve' their government.

Reply to
Joe Butler

F4D1AD5F816AC3657730BBD4 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

And what does this post have to do with "What does this instruction mean: ANDDC #239 ?"

The contribution by the poster was buried somewhere in the middle of the text.

Bottom post or top post but put the message where it can be found before the context of the thread is lost.

w..

CBFalc> *** clueless t>

Reply to
Walter Banks

I overreacted and took his "over-gratefulness" (I know this is not a real word) as being as a sarcastic put-down. However, now I think otherwise and want to express this point. It's probably a difference in cultures. I'm used to curt replies such as "Oops! my bad" or "Thanks..." or the like.

In addition, I don't desire that people not post any of their problems on the usenet. I don't want to turn students away either, except those lazies that want others to do their homework for them. I used to do tutoring, either in person or online, and would sometimes receive requests for me to do such things as entire EE senior projects from start to finish w/o any input on the part of the "students" (sometimes with promises to pay me big bucks), etc.

Reply to
Gary Schnabl

The extra work required, as a reader when reading top posted responses, has already long since taught me to stop reading when I see the first few lines that tells me it is top posted. It's as far as I went with yours, as well. But it was far enough for me to decide to respond to that part. (If you'd buried this comment later, I'd have never seen it.)

If a poster doesn't care about my time, there is hardly a better way to show it than by top posting. So, while I cannot speak for others, I pretty much overlook all top posters to conserve my limited time.

Once in a while, it's worth a moment to say so and you happened to give me an easy target. So I took my shot.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan