What are the best courses to learn Embedded Engineering In the United States?

I'm a good programmer in just about any computer language you can mention. But for example, I don't know how to use the multitude of protocols to talk to the various types of hardware.

Some easy examples of these protocols are the 1553 bus and UART. There are many more that I could list.

I'm looking for a well-rounded course or courses to learn Embedded Programming. What should I learn? What are the best classroom courses?

Anyway, I'm not interested in taking an academic course at some university. It would take months to finish, etc.

Would an online course be the best option available? What are the online Embedded Engineering courses?

Why do you like the course that you mention?

I have a degree in electrical and computer engineering.

Thank you,

P.S.: I apologize if this is an off-topic subject.

Reply to
Mike091

You might check out the "Modern Embedded Systems Programming" video course on YouTube

bGQoPFxPAPM ). The course starts with the basics, but is getting progressiv ely advanced. The companion web page to the course lists all the lessons re leased so far and provides downloads of projects and transcripts (see
).

The subjects that you might find interesting are:

- functions, AAPCS (lessons 8-9)

- startup code (lessons 13-15)

- interrupts (lessons 16-17)

- race conditions (lesson 20)

- RTOS (lessons 22-28)

- Object-oriented programming (lessons 29-32)

Reply to
StateMachineCOM

e on YouTube

BLbGQoPFxPAPM ). The course starts with the basics, but is getting progress ively advanced. The companion web page to the course lists all the lessons released so far and provides downloads of projects and transcripts (see htt ps://
).

I'll take a serious look at the course. ...

Thank you, Mike091

Reply to
Mike091