Web server to PC serial port interface, free download

Group,

You might remember a few weeks ago a post I made asking about
some software called "Serial Host", which allowed special HTTP
requests to send commands to an RS-232 device connected to the
PC running it.

I located some source code for a web server and wrote HTTP232,
which is available on Industrologic's web site on the "Resources"
page.

It is actually a (very) small web server that you could use
without the RS-232 part.

With HTTP232 you can put a PC on a network with RS-232 devices
connected to it, and send them commands from a browser on
another computer on the network.

Comments welcome, especially if you find that it does not
work well in all network situations, which I am not able
to fully test. :)

Gary Peek                mailto: snipped-for-privacy@industrologic.com
Industrologic, Inc.      http://www.industrologic.com
Phone: (636) 723-4000    Fax: (636) 723-6000

Re: Web server to PC serial port interface, free download

Thank you, I'm giving it to my mate who designs web pages, so he can
check that they download over slow links in a reasonable time! (most of
us still don't have broadband in the UK, and those who do don't always
get high speeds out of it).

And I LOVE web pages that aren't overburdened with graphics at the
expense of clarity and speed.

And I LOVE 86kb downloads!

Paul Burke

Site Timeline