waveform edition

what software do you use to create waveforms?

thanks

Reply to
Stephane

Wow. Till now I used some hardware to create signals. :-)

Rene

Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar

I use Altera's Quartus software which has a waveform editor.

Reply to
Fred

This is a very broad question. Let me focus on one possible area- that o waveform generators. Several of them including (but no restricte to)Agilent and Stanford Research Systems (SRS) allow you to set th waveform from the instrument. They also provide PC software to allow yo set up arbitrary waveforms and download them to the instrument.

Another approach is to create an arbitrary waveform using Excel and the download it to the instrument. Since any waveform can be made from Fourier series, or you could simply describe it numerically, obviously an waveform can be created.

I describe this approach using the SRS DS345 in my book: Excel by Example : A Microsoft Excel Cookbook for Electronics Engineers published by Newnes/Elsevier, ISBN 0750677562

I hope this product placement does not offend anyone.

-Aubrey Kagan

Reply to
antedeluvian

ok, I mean : how people create those beautiful and commented waveforms we see in datasheets?

Unfortunately, I don't own Quartus (I'm on the X side of the world), and their webpack is Win only.

Aubrey, could you write "An OpenOffice Cookbook for EE", surely i'll read it! ;-)

antedeluvian wrote:

Reply to
Stephane

There are a number of True Type Fonts available with which one can draw very nice waveforms in Open Office. One you can search for is XWave.

[rest snipped]

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus