waveform edition

what software do you use to create waveforms?

thanks

Re: waveform edition

Wow. Till now I used some hardware to create
signals.
:-)

Rene

Re: waveform edition

I use Altera's Quartus software which has a waveform editor.

Re: waveform edition

This is a very broad question. Let me focus on one possible area- that o
waveform generators. Several of them including (but no restricte
to)Agilent and Stanford Research Systems (SRS) allow you to set th
waveform from the instrument. They also provide PC software to allow yo
set up arbitrary waveforms and download them to the instrument.

Another approach is to create an arbitrary waveform using Excel and the
download it to the instrument. Since any waveform can be made from
Fourier series, or you could simply describe it numerically, obviously an
waveform can be created.

I describe this approach using the SRS DS345 in my book:
Excel by Example : A Microsoft Excel Cookbook for Electronics Engineers
published by Newnes/Elsevier, ISBN 0750677562

I hope this product placement does not offend anyone.
-Aubrey Kagan

Re: waveform edition
ok, I mean : how people create those beautiful and commented waveforms
we see in datasheets?

Unfortunately, I don't own Quartus (I'm on the X side of the world), and
their webpack is Win only.

Aubrey, could you write "An OpenOffice Cookbook for EE", surely i'll
read it! ;-)
</Troll-mode>

Re: waveform edition

There are a number of True Type Fonts available with which one can
draw very nice waveforms in Open Office.  One you can search for is
XWave.

[rest snipped]

Regards
  Anton Erasmus